Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I suffer, you suffer

This is what was in front of my house the other day. Yes, I did get out a ruler and measure it for all of you; no one believed me when I said they were 4 inches long. Enjoy.



The blue-green pellets are the "slug corn" I put out to kill the beast. It ignored them disdainfully. So I eventually had to get a stick from the woodpile and flick it (they scrunch up rather painfully appearing when they are poked) several times until I could push it down the hole in the manhole cover in front of the neighbors' house. I couldn't let it just go about ravaging the neighborhood, could I?

Then the (brave?) slug slayer celebrated with a cup of coffee, extra cream. Livin' large!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My hero! Becky the Slug Slayer. Sounds like the premise to a great movie / series!