Sunday, June 12, 2011

The perils of living near family

I have a very crafty mother-in-law - she has everything Martha Stewart has, except a gazillion bucks and a prison record. One side effect of this, as I found when we moved over here to be near them, was that our house has slowly filled with ceramic pieces (onion keepers, wall art and clocks, for example) and fabric crafts (like all the curtains we have) provided by her.

But eventually you get sick of looking at even curtains made with love. So when the husband found me changing out the curtains in our bedroom, he teased me about daring to throw out something made by the monster-in-law. I replied, 'As much as I like your mother, I can't keep everything she made lying around forever'.

To which he replied, big eyed and lip a-trembling, 'Even me?'

Crap.

No comments: